This discography has been assembled primarily from the generous contributions of the persons listed below.
- Mitsuru Akita, for hundreds of Japanese LP releases and one Orfeo d'Or.
- Antonio Aznar, for Japanese CD releases and numerous corrections.
- Andrys Basten, for moral support.
- Philippe Bocher, for camaraderie and help with the hunt.
- Cullan Bryant, for dates, corrections, and additional listings.
- Romeo Ceccarelli Paxton, for copies of essential documents.
- Davide Ciaccia, for rare CD releases and many covers.
- Jed Distler, for a large package of material including the nearly complete
assignment of dates and venues for the Philips series "The Authorised Recordings."
- Lawrence Gray, for careful proofreading.
- Chaim Goldenberg, for checking the Haydn listings.
- Robert van Heeren, for news of Live Classics discs.
- Lih Jauh, for long lists of additions and welcome news.
- David Kadish, for additions and corrections.
- Jon Lavine, for careful attention to detail and help with an earlier redesign.
- Thierry Loir, for reminders and careful checking.
- Farhan Malik, for correcting the Szymanowski Mazurkas listing.
- Philippe Marchal, for a long list of corrections and new releases, plus articles
- Alex Morin, for a copy of his Richter discography.
- Steve Ness, for data on live recordings from 1960 on Columbia, and other helpful advice.
- Alberto Notarbartolo, for helpful advice and documentation to confirm many entries.
- Yves Saint-Laurent, for a long list of additions.
- John Stafford, for word of the (Australian) Coronet releases, and for a substantial
list of additions and corrections.
- Werner Stroobants for listings from Bianco & Nero, EMI double forte,
and the bonus disc from the Philips Richter Edition. Thanks also for the picture,
and for the latest from the Friends.
- Dr. Ates Tanin, for a copy of the 1983 Richter discography published
as an article in Recorded Sound, and much other invaluable advice and assistance.
- Anton Thalmaier, for extensive data on Stradivarius, Live Classics, and other labels.
- Andrew Wilson, for a long list of recording venues, the exact dates
for the recordings on the Parnassus discs, and news of the Friends.
- Boris Zindels, for personal and technical support.
In addition, the following published and on-line reference materials have been consulted:
- John R. Bennett, MELODIYA, A Soviet Russian L.P. Discography
Greenwood Press, Westport, Connecticut, 1981, ISBN 0-313-22596-6.
- Falk Schwarz and John Berrie, "Sviatoslav Richter -- A Discography"
in Recorded Sound number 84, July 1983.
- Falk Schwarz and John Berrie, "Discography 1948 - 1997 / Sviatoslav Richter"
fifth edition, 15 June 1997, published by "The Friends" of Sviatoslav Richter.
- "Discographie" by Francis Drésel in
Diapason number 389, January 1993, pp. 31 - 35.
- The CADENSA database at the British Library.
- The Experimental Search Service of the Library of Congress.
- Auction and Sale lists from Parnassus, Polyphony, Mikrokosmos,
Benedikt & Salmon, et al.